We don’t want to show off, but we like to think we know a thing or two about taking care of carpets. after all, that is kind of what we do. After all we are Carpet Cleaners Hawaii. Anyway, we’re here to help you in any way we can. So if you made it this far, you obviously need some help or advice on caring and or cleaning for your carpets, and that’s okay. Here’s a little list of some things you can do to hopefully give your carpets a longer, happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lifespan. Best of all, you probably all ready have all the things you need. Of course if all else fails, give us a call, we’ll do the hard work for you. We don’t mind one bit.
- Having a Vacuum. Yes we know that sounds pretty obvious, but we don’t mean just some old clunky thing you took from your parents house when you moved out. Try to get something with good suction and has good maneuverability. It doesn’t have to be the most expensive and shiny one on the market. Just check on-line for something with good user reviews. Also remember to change or empty the canister or bag regularly.
- Use the vacuum. Listen, the longer you let dirt and soil sit on your carpet, the more it will embed itself into the pile. Once soil gets deep in carpet, it can be harder to clean on your own and will ruin the look and feel of it. So use that Vacuum as often as you can.
- Treat the affected area immediately. Remember, the longer the stain sits there, the harder it will be to remove. So please, put the DVR on pause and get to work right away. You’ll be glad you did.
- Use spot removal solvents when necessary. Apply it to a clean white cloth and blot the affected area. We recommend you test it in an inconspicuous area first to make sure there is no color change of the carpet. If you have pets and kids or care about the environment, try to buy organic and safe products. We’ll thank you for it and you’ll sleep better at night knowing your not part of the global warming problem.
- Hydrogen Peroxide. For really tough stains, use 3% hydrogen peroxide. Apply it and let it sit for one hour before blotting.
- Removing Gum. So you stepped in gum and dragged it into the house. Remove it by freezing it for thirty seconds with an ice cube. Then use a spoon or butter knife to lift and cut as close to the top of the carpet as possible.
- Food Spills. We’ve all been there. Your favorite show is on, or your watching the Super Bowl with your buddies and things get out of hand. You get excited and you spill food all over the floor. Clean it up by removing as much as you can first by hand and with a spoon for smaller particles. Then apply water or stain remover and vacuum at highest suction setting. Repeat until its all clean.
- Call the pros. Everyone need a little help sometimes. Having your carpets cleaned professionally regularly will help rid your home of unwanted dust and allergens. In turn keeping you and your family healthy and happy.
That’s just a handful of the thing you can do to keep your home or business looking clean and fresh. For more advice, check out our blog or to schedule an appointment give us call. We are happy to assist you in anyway we can.